(Please, click here for the Japanese version)
Mercer and JAC Recruitment will be hosting an online webinar for local managers and HR professionals of Japanese companies in Malaysia to provide the latest information on how to attract and retain talent amidst the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
With no end in sight for the coronavirus, many companies are still freezing hiring and reducing labour and human resource management costs. However, as this situation becomes the "new normal," it is not possible to remain in a state of restraint forever. The number of job openings at companies is gradually beginning to return, and we can assume that hiring activities will become more active this fiscal year as a reaction to the previous restraint on hiring. It can be said that companies are required to invest in human resources in order to reduce labour costs and secure talents more strategically.
In this webinar, we will discuss the latest HR landscape in Malaysia and explain what you need to do to prepare for the upcoming competition for talents based on the results of Mercer and JAC Recruitment research in the talent and rewards space . This session will provide an opportunity to gather information and gains perspectives for formulating HR strategies.
[Part I: 14:05 - 14:35]
“The Essentials of Human Resource Management for Japanese Companies in the New Normal”
Mr Motoki Nakashima, Principal and Head of Mercer Asia Japanese Business Advisory, Mercer
- The pandemic has revealed the strengths and weaknesses of human resource management in Japanese companies.
- What are the measures needed to attract and retain talent?
- The key to optimizing labour cost management and human resource investment in the face of an uncertain future
[Part 2: 14:40-15:10]
“The latest trends in the recruitment market in Malaysia after New-norm”
Ms Lim Sze Ping, Director, JAC Recruitment Malaysia
- Case study: ‘How companies are trying to break through the COVID-19 pandemic by hiring non-conventional talents?
- Recent hiring trends in the market and results of employment survey
[Part 3: 15:10-15:45 ]
“The Latest Trends in the Malaysian Compensation Market and the position of Japanese companies”
Mr Koay Gim Soon, Head of Consulting Team, Mercer (English session)
Mr Motoki Nakashima, Principal and Head of Mercer Asia Japanese Business Advisory, Mercer (Japanese session)
- Overview of Malaysia market landscape
- Economic Outlook (Unemployment, Retrenchment)
- Salary increment trend
- Overview of the Japanese company’s landscape
- Salary increment trend
- Bonus trend
- Japanese companies vs general market
[Q & A: 15:45-15:55]
If you wish to attend, please register at the button above by Sunday, 28 February.
If you wish to cancel your reservation, please contact us in advance by e-mail.
For queries, please contact:
Megumi Hida: email@example.com
Mohd Farhan Bin Mohd Hanif: firstname.lastname@example.org
Eriko Hakoki: email@example.com
Ronny Ho: firstname.lastname@example.org