Provide strategic directions and manage all production activities within manufacturing sections to effectively and economically manufacture products from raw material to packaged items in accordance with schedules and product specifications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the production activities in manufacturing sections.
- Prepare, review and report against operating budget.
- Control output vs. schedule and operate with efficiency, cost in consideration and on time delivery.
- Ensure that all products are manufactured according to procedures established within the quality system.
- Ensure that the production organization is adequately staffed with competent people to carry out their responsibility and attain manufacturing goals required by the organization.
- Coordinate the efforts to the staff functions within the manufacturing department.
- Responsible for the proper implementation of BD Kulim company policies.
- Evaluate, train and motivate those reporting directly to him.
- Investigate new production methods and cost saving techniques and implementing same where practical.
- Ensure that all manufacturing equipment are properly installed and qualified before use.
- Ensure the effective implementation of Lean Manufacturing program in line with Plant objective.
- Participate and lead project management according to Division/Corporate procedures.
- Ensure all Safety and Health guidelines are followed in all production departments.
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATION
- Minimum a Degree holder in any field.
Knowledge of end use of health and medical products.
- Knowledge of criteria in making health and medical products.
- Minimum 3 – 5 years managerial experience in Production.
- Possesses production and planning skills to ensure proper control to meet on time delivery to meet cost satisfaction.
- Knowledge of KAIZEN, Sig Sigma or Lean.
- Experience in medical devices operations,
- ISO13485 and FDA regulated operations will be added advantages.
Strong communication skill in English and Malay language, both oral and written.
OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS
- (mathematical skills, reasoning ability, physical demands, vision, physical condition, etc.)
- Ability to adapt technically to latex and rubber compounding and statistical quality control.
- Ability to implement new production methods.
Ability to evaluate personnel for promotions.