- To take effective role, lead and control of Quality department function and operation.
- To ensure all employees comply to Quality management system (IATF, ISO 9001 and ISO 14001) as well as customer specific requirement, by adhering to the company’s Quality and Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) policy and procedures, and helping to achieve vision, mission and financial objectives and target.
- Engage with Customers on Quality Issues (CAR. Audits, etc.) Including attending to periodic reviews.
- Executes activities to be carried out by Quality Engineering in accordance with SOP on New Production Introduction (NPI), Production Engineering, Process Engineering on all new project and quality issues such as evaluation of manufacturing process, reject investigation, corrective action to reduce the customers back reject and field return for continuous improvement.
- Lead and monitor product quality performance, take a necessary action to meet the set target.
- Prepare periodical reports for customers and attend monthly/ quarterly quality meeting and prepare the presentation materials.
- Generate Quality Plan, controls plan, procedures, work instruction for overall quality control and coordinate on effective implementation for such plans, procedures or instructions.
- Ensure failure analysis and evaluations are carried out satisfactorily to identify the root cause and drive for closure of corrective actions for internal/ external corrective action request and reliability test rejects. Recommend and initiate continual improvement measures.
- Conduct briefing to Engineers and Inspectors on daily production and quality issues.
- Conduct quality training, cross training and certification of inspectors/ technician/ engineers.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly business review meeting presentations materials.
- Responsible for QA documentation for the business line.
- Perform any others duties and responsibilities as and when assigned by superior.
- At least a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Mechanical/Automotive/Manufacturing) or equivalent.
- At least 5 years of working experience in Automotive field.
- Preferably Managers specializing in Quality Control/Assurance or equivalent in manufacturing environment.