- Value Stream Mapping to understand how value and cost accrue along the value chain.
- Use this understanding to quantify and prioritize opportunities to eliminate waste and drive making product, materials, and information flow.
- Develop and roll-out a lean program to consistently improve the productivity of both D/L and IDL through analyzing work content in relation to Takt time (customer demand), through the use of lean tools and establishing lean goals for productivity, scrap, cycle time, space, and consistency of output.
- Establish a management review and assessment process to ensure established goals are achieved.
- Roll-out a standard approach and program across the site.
- Achieve consistent rates of improvement in D/L productivity, scrap, space, and cycle time to deliver benchmark performance across the Bard manufacturing network.
- Engage all employees across the plant to actively contribute, though suggestions, to continuous improvement and achievement of the plant’s strategic goals, thereby increasing employee satisfaction and reducing turnover.
- Responsible to develop, implement and maintain accurate, timely and transparent performance metrics and reporting.
- Bachelors/Professional/Master’s Degree in the field of Operations Management, Science, Engineering, or Business.
- Hands-on expertise and knowledge of Lean tools.
- Demonstrated experience of leading and rolling-out comprehensive Lean programs in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience and involvement with employee engagement programs.
- Able to interact & communicate effectively
- Good critical thinking, able to operate independently.
- Good understanding of quality management of the production process.