- Independently assess and evaluate overall business processes using disciplined approach and appropriate risk-based methodology.
- Conduct financial and operational audits and reviews for effective operational compliance.
- Assess adequacy, effectiveness and efficiency of the established internal controls and procedures.
- Review and recommend business & operation improvements to address control gaps and to enhance efficiency, where possible.
- Engage with a variety of stakeholders across the company and communicate the findings, recommendations and follow-up of actions.
- Carry out investigation and communicate on incidences or possible risk of fraud, gross negligence or non-compliance to Top Management with recommendations.
- Prepare reports that reflect the internal audit results and document the proposed process amendments. These reports are to be presented to Top Management or BOD members of the company to ensure all staff members are working toward the same goals and complying with regulations.
- Act as a representative for controls: driving and sharing best practice; and increasing awareness of Internal Audit’s role.
- Keep abreast of leading internal audit practices and tools to maximise the effectiveness and efficiency of the Internal Audit Team.
- Candidate must possess at least a Professional Certificate, Bachelor's Degree, Post Graduate Diploma, Professional Degree, Master's Degree, Finance/Accountancy/Banking or equivalent.
- Being a qualified accountant and a member of MIA is an added advantage.
- Minimum 10 years of relevant working experience, with at least 5 years of solid professional internal audit working experience preferably with FMCG background.
- Candidate with the ability to communicate in English & Malay. Proficiency in Mandarin is an added advantage.
- Proficiency in MS Word and MS Excel.
- Willing to travel to branches of the company across Malaysia.