The project manager oversees the planning, implementation and tracking of a certain development project. He must bear in mind that quality, cost and timing are the essence of the task.
- Compute project’s physical feasibilities, economic feasibilities, terms and conditions
- Investigate best-case and worst-case scenario.
- Present to the management committee and then the EXCO
- Define the scope of the project with the management committee and senior management.
- Create a detail work plan that includes the sequence, process and activities to implement the project successfully.
- Then create a contingency plan for any unforeseen circumstance.
- Budgeting the resources required.
- Review the project schedule. Create a project budget together with the management committee and senior management.
- Documentation and accessibility must be maintained to senior managers.
- Obtaining approvals from relevant authorities.
- Staffing and managing project staff, consultants, lawyers, contractors and any party related to the matter. Note: there will be different approval process for different position and monetary quantum of staffing and hiring.
- Execute the project as plan. Make amendment when necessary but timely reports must be disseminated to relevant parties.
- Develop forms and records to document project activities.
Make sure all files are appropriately documented, secured and accessible to authorized personnel.
- Monitor and report project cash flow on a regular basis.
Monitor project expenditure.
- Manage all project funds and cash flow according to accounting policies and procedures and also company’s operating procedure.
- Candidates must possess a Degree in Building/ Construction/ Civil Engineering or equivalent
- At least 7 - 10 years experience in managing warehouse, factory and commercial construction projects
- Civil Engineering background and Experience in development or construction authorities
- Good planning organization and leadership skills, be a team player and client oriented
- Having some experience managing vendors and contractors.