- Lead an eight-person team and oversee the overall accounting and finance functions (ie.Accounts Payable, Financial Reporting and Tax).
- Develop internal control policies and procedures and update accounting system, ensuring compliance with latest accounting principles, corporate policies and tax regulations.
- Lead the monthly financial closing process, including ensuring all costs incurred are properly recorded, reviewing journal entries, account balance reconciliations and report preparation.
- Review and monitor company tax compliance (corporate tax and SST), ensuring timeliness of reporting and adherence to guidelines and regulations issued by tax authority.
- Review provisional and deferred tax computation, tax estimate, tax analysis as well as final tax return.
- Identify potential tax issues and liaise with tax consultant on tax advisory for advisory services to reduce compliance risk.
- Oversee and monitor payment process for vendor payment and customer refund to ensure timely and accurate payment.
- Review cash flow forecast and projection to ensure sufficient liquidity is maintained to meet all obligations.
- Minimum six (6) years of working experience in the related field, with at least three (3) years audit experience in Big 4 firms.
- Bachelor degree in accounting and/or professional qualification (e.g. MICPA, ACCA, CPA Australia or other equivalent qualifications). Preferably a MIA member.
- Well-versed with accounting standards (IFRS), corporate tax law, sales and service tax (SST).
- Proficiency in Advanced Ms. Excel and Power Point.
- Having SAP experience is an added advantage.
- Good command of spoken and written English and Bahasa Malaysia.
- Possess excellent analytical, problem solving, communication and interpersonal skills.