Human Resource and Admin
- Provide strategic and tactical business partnering advice/direction to local management teams on the full range of HR services to align with business goals
- Manage alignment of HQ and Site HR initiatives/policies implementation to enhance organizational effectiveness
- Development of talent via effective resourcing practices to attract, engage and retain key/critical talents and be involved in talent management for critical leadership positions, and develop talent readiness/transition activities
- Provide learning services (planning and delivery) and talent management initiatives (training and development, rewards, succession planning) to maintain healthy employee retention levels. Implement change management initiatives with business leaders to address human capital matters
- Review periodical data/reports to provide validated HR metrics/benchmarks for business decision making local management teams
- Drive key people metrics with budgeting, reporting, and data analytics as required by the company
- Foster harmonious working relationship with Union and ensure proper handling of employee grievances and welfare. Negotiate collective agreements.
- Advisor of people-related matters across different departments on various topics such as employment laws, HR policies, hiring practices, performance concerns, career development, etc.
- Contact point for inquiries related to the Company's HR policies and to ensure all day-to-day HR matters are managed in accordance with the company's employee handbook, policies, and relevant labor laws.
- Review existing processes and proactively propose new improvement initiatives or suggest new ways of working to improve digitalization and effectiveness of the HR function
- Participate in global HR strategy and strategic HR tools, policies, systems, and processes and ensure consistent delivery to enhance the competitive edge of the country organization over competitors by attracting and building talent
- Be a role model for values and behaviors, encourage a culture of performance, accountability, openness, respect, coaching, professional development, and self-improvement.
EHS and Security
- Registered Safety and Health Officer with DOSH (JKKP IS 127/438/2/4604).
- Advise management on the measures to be taken in Occupational Safety and Health.
- Investigate near-miss, accidents, dangerous occurrences, occupational diseases, and poisoning.
- Lead the Safety and Health committee to organize and implement safety activities to create Occupational, Safety, and Health awareness amongst employees.
- Implement Occupational Safety and Health program and policy which set by the management.
- Maintain and develop Safety and health training and education programs.
- Supervise employees on safety issues, ensure safe working conditions.
- Facilitate safety training and carry out safety awareness training.
- Conduct safety and health meeting regularly to ensure management and employees are aware of hazards.
- Complete and maintain reports i.e., health, safety, and accident both periodically and occasionally which is required by OSHA 1994.
- Constantly liaise with the local government (DOSH, DOE, BOMBA, and HEALTH DEPARTMENT) specific requirements and improvement that needs to be carried out at the workplace.
- Possess at least a bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Law, Business, Social Sciences, or any other related field with a minimum of 10 years of experience
- Minimum of 5 years experience in an HR leadership role within the manufacturing industry.
- Strong knowledge of Malaysian Labour Law including Employment Act 1955, Industrial Relations Act 1967.
- A good grounding in the breadth of HR functional activities with sound generalist experience in different areas.
- The high degree of professionalism and ability to operate and act with the big picture in mind
- Demonstrated ability to make independent decisions, be responsive and willing to take ownership of issues, and drive solutions
- Good interpersonal and collaboration skills; willing to work closely with business leaders