• Assisting with the creation and management of health and safety monitoring systems and policies in the workplace
• Managing emergency procedures (such as fire alarm drills) and organising emergency teams such as fire squad team and first aiders
• Offering general health and safety advice to all employees
• Elect and set up H&S representative meetings as per statutory requirements.
• Overall responsibility and compliance of the Company’s H&S rules, making sure staff are aware of the importance and follow safety protocol.
• Implement practical and effective methods, both preventative and remedial, of promoting health and safety and safe working practices in the workplace.
• Conduct all “risk assessments” as required by legislation and are reviewed at relevant intervals and to maintain records of the same.
• Conduct & carryout internal and compliance audits, report on findings and manage issue log through to completion.
• Co-ordinate and manage first aid and fire safety representatives for all RHA sites.
• To recommend & implement control measures and advise on the standard of P.P.E. issued to employees.
• To carry out investigations into all accidents and near-miss incidents and to record the findings on the relevant forms.
• To identify areas where training/certification is required to meet the standards imposed by Legislation, Approved Codes of Practice, or H.S.E. guidance. Arrange such training/certification once identified.
• Keep up to date with changes in current legislation and implement such changes where relevant. Bring to the attention of the Management Team any relevant new legislation.
• Attend such courses/seminars run by external sources to enable accurate interpretation of legislation to enable implementation within the organisation.
• Liaise with the Maintenance Co-ordinator to establish contractor health & safety procedures.
Degree/Diploma in Engineering or Safety and Health certification.
3-5 years experience in related field.
Good command of Japanese language.