- Business Nature: Oleochemical / palm oil
- Location: Gelang Patah, Johor Bahru
- Salary: RM (5 days Mon to Fri)
- The position reports to the Maintenance Manager.
- Lead and manage the maintenance team, either mechanical OR electrical and utilities.
- Responsible for the safe and effective maintenance, repair or replacement of the plant equipment, facilities and utilities to ensure and support a robust production system and maximum production quantity and quality, while supporting the global policies, goals and objectives of the company.
- Initiate, implement and manage the plant maintenance program based on best practices in the oleo-chemical-food industry, with an emphasis on planned preventive maintenance. These activities are to be conducted in co-operation with the production team on the site.
- Initiate and carry out projects improving energy and plant efficiency or a reduction in operating costs.
- Optimization of spare parts inventory - monitor the usage and inventories of space parts, maintenance supplies, equipment, initiate re-ordering and actively source local suppliers where possible – thus ensuring the highest degree of stability on the site.
- Prepare reports, analyze data and make recommendations for improving plant operation and solving maintenance-related problems
- Manage engineering projects with optimization engineer and cross-functional teams, including actively participating and contributing to new product developments as and when required.
- Manage projects to ensure timely project completion within budget, meeting expectations and company standards.
- Ensure compliance to all GMP requirements; comply with ISO, HACCP, and other related certification systems by being a part of a future Q and EHS-team within the organization.
- Participate to ensure the factory’s occupational health, safety and environment compliance
- Ensure competency and development of subordinates by providing coaching and mentoring – including daily field trouble-shooting assistance.
- Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical Engineering or its equivalent.
- 5-10 years experience in maintenance in manufacturing industry, hands on experience is a must.
- Possesses strong leadership and able to lead a team.
- Good command of English and good interpersonal skills.