Safety, Health, Environment & Quality (SHEQ)
- Accountable for overall transport safety & quality performance and statutory compliance
- Lead distribution safety programs to improve safety statistics of the country
- Guidance to team for launching new campaigns & initiatives to enhance safety culture
- Direct involvement / supervision in the Incident Investigation & Root Cause Analysis
- Responsible for implementation of corrective & preventive action across country
- Effective utilization of resources in upbringing of safety culture in contractors, drivers, loaders.
- Safety & Functional trainings to teammates, transporter supervisors and drivers/loaders
- Ensure the audit compliance of SHEQ/Statutory standards
- Accountable for closure of assessments findings (CAR) and compliance
- Responsible for Zero Stock Outs (Run Outs)
- Working towards achieving country’s safety goal
- Accountable for customer satisfaction by ensuring safe and on-time supplies to customers
- Ensure all Customer complaints, in coordination with SHEQ & Sales personnel are addressed in time bound manner.
- Ensuring the implementation & governance of following programs, and necessary actions are being taken for improving the performance
Field Distribution Operation
- Work closely with Field Distribution team and Planning/Scheduling team
- Monitoring site wise / region wise distribution performance with respect to key deliverables – Safety, Efficiency, Statutory Compliance, Reliability, Quality & Productivity.
- Meeting business targets - ensure each distribution facility meet its daily / monthly / yearly plan
- Developing effective programs for taking overall performance to the next level
- Optimum utilization of resources; Manpower (including drivers) – right allocation as per business volume & other constraints; Machines (trucks/trailers/equipment) – using up to the maximum level; Money – Using allotted capex / budgeted amount in the right projects
- Team skill development; Conducting Training Need Analysis (TNA) for each individual and coordinating with corporate teams (Safety/HR) for necessary training – functionals & soft skill development
- Support in developing new or modifying existing programs / work processes
- Strategic decision in developing new or upgrade existing infrastructure like driver rest room, driver coaching room, maintenance workshop, distribution office, vehicle parking, weighbridge etc.
- Safety & statutory compliance in executing the project
Cost Management, KPI & Productivity
- Review asset utilization (Time & Capacity) with Area Distribution Managers.
- Accountable to improve Key Performing Indicators (KPI) of country in comparison to last benchmark
- Carry out Fleet Mix Analysis to estimate right number & right type of vehicles required for business
- Vehicle performance monitoring & optimization to control Variable Distribution Cost (VCD)
- Support team in developing efficient logistic model and cost-effective route management
- Review drop sizes periodically, and work with Scheduling Team & Country Business Team on improvement projects like changeover of delivery mode from cylinders to liquid containers etc.
- Productivity; Lead brainstorm sessions to identify potential areas of improvement, Provide necessary training on skill development / six-sigma, Meeting the saving targets of the country, Ensure regionally driven projects are being executed at site level as per guidelines
- Review Tableau Dashboards on regular basis
Fleet Management (includes vehicle, other equipment)
- Ensure whole fleet (owned or contracted) is maintained as per set guidelines or SOPs
- Conduct periodic reviews of fleet maintenance programs to ensure its compliance as per company and statutory norms
Contractor Management (includes transport contractor, driver supplying agencies, other vendors etc.)
- Direct involvement required in new transport contractor evaluation, qualification, and induction
- Reviewing contractor wise score card on periodic basis and taking appropriate actions (reward or reprimand) to improve performance
- Periodic visits to transporter maintenance workshops and operations site to ensure compliance to Linde safety requirements
- Facilitate random/surprise audits at contractor’s site in coordination with TSM and ADM
- Ensure necessary trainings & knowledge sharing sessions are conducted for transport contractors
- Review and set the Driver Ratio required per vehicle (including bench) to ensure smooth supplies
- Ensure new driver Selection/ Recruitment/ Training/ Induction program is as per guidelines
- Oversee implementation of Driver Reward & Reprimand program
- Participate in at least one driver safety meeting per month and share expectations
- Ensuring driver wise performance score card (DRP) is reviewed on periodic basis
- High Risk Drivers are taken through proper coaching sessions
- Necessary actions are being taken on regular / willful violators
- Review the tableau dashboard reports and drive the performance improvement plan
Reports & Reporting
- All incidents (including near misses) involving vehicle, equipment or driver/loaders must be reported immediately to the senior management and concerned persons.
- Reliability events (vehicle breakdown & non-availability, manpower & scheduling issues) & all customer service failures.
- Monthly Operational & Safety KPIs to Country Leadership Team and Regional Distribution Team
- Closure of corrective action (CAR) from Audits, Directives, alerts etc.
- Implementation status of Safety Programs & initiatives and Projects (productivity, infrastructure)
- Minimum of 8 (seven) years’ experience in large multi discipline and diverse logistics & supply chain operations, preferably from cryogenic industry or gas & chemical industry will be an added advantage
- Graduate degree holder, preferably in Engineering or Science or Logistics / Supply Chain Management
- Master’s in business administration (MBA) or Post Graduate Diploma in Business Administration
- Languages (MUST): Local and English (read, speak, and write)
- Expert in Transportation Management, Road Safety, Contractor Management & Project Execution, good knowledge on Maintenance Workshop Management will be an added advantage
- Proficient computer knowledge (MS Office specially Excel, Presentations, ERP preferably SAP)
- Clear understanding of motor vehicles rules & regulations and logistics environment of the country