- Provide manufacturing engineering input to support new product development, from initial conceptual design to the transition-to-production phase.
- Perform design for manufacturability and design for cost analyses during the preliminary development phase and drive changes early in product development to improve manufacturability.
- Collaborate with supply chain for outsourcing activities and qualification of new suppliers.
- Determine necessary capital equipment, facility requirements, manufacturing technologies, and other manufacturing requirements for emerging programs.
- Manage existing capital equipments for daily production including equipment calibration, upgrade, troubleshooting, etc.
- Develop and optimize manufacturing processes, procedures, tooling and fixture designs, and production layouts.
- Identify emerging manufacturing technologies and perform cost/benefit analysis for implementation.
- Develop detailed manufacturing process documents including PFEMA, VWI, etc.
- Work with factory quality team for failure analysis and corrective action implmentation at factory.
- Able to run production performance test and review test data.
- Able to manage labor structure for all the workcells and improve labor efficiency.
- Maintain a positive attitude while interacting with a diverse and multi-functional workforce.
- Possess Diploma / Degree in Engineering.
- At least 5 years’ experience in manufacturing industry.
- Have relevant experience and knowledge in plant machineries.
- Able to implement process improvement and enhance productivity.
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills.