Safety Implementation Plan (SIP)
Delivers the on-site safety implementation plan to achieve zero injuries/accidents, sustained improvement in all production areas, and meeting all internal and external safety standards. Ensure a safe operating environment for plant operations.
- Proactively works in partnership with (Front-In-Line) FIL Supervisors to share best safety practice and identify training gaps.
- At all times, carries out job functions reflecting compliance to Linde behavioural safety philosophy by participating in regular meetings involving in-country technical services teams.
- Proactively works in partnership with Production Manager and Supervisors in other streams of Operations to:
- Identify gaps between actual conditions and SIP
- Propose improvement programmes, including adjustment where appropriate
- Share best safety practices and promote them to the team
- Support the implementation of the regional Best Operating Practice at the site level, ensure all operators fully understand the concepts.
- Ensures all people in production areas are trained and qualified for their positions.
Production Strategies Implementation
Support the implementation of production strategies in his/her scope with the aim of ensuring the Product Service Offer (PSO) is delivered.
- Works with Production Manager and Supervisors in other to asses desired against current PSO and develop detailed improvement plans
- Identifies opportunities and proposes improvement plans to Product Supervisor in closing gaps between current and desired.
- Monitors and reports implementation progress on regular basis
- Holds regular meetings with other platforms both local and regional level (distribution, CSC, Supply chain) to ensure delivery of PSO
Day to Day Activities
- Support Production Supervisor in executing the daily Production Plan
- Identify and resolve quality issues of product
- Ensure plant Preventive Maintenance programs are executed
Implementation of Cost Improvement Programmes
Identifying, prioritising and implementing cost improvement in all areas of production.
- Works with production manager to identify cost improvement opportunities and provide inputs on the strategy.
- Works with supervisors to ensure proper implementation of plan.
- Communicates regularly and receive feedback from other related departments as well as brainstorm solutions at local level and input to production management platform team.
- Works closely with enabling functions such as HR, SHEQ, IM and Finance for support in delivering productivity targets.
To manage site production supervisors and set annal objectives for them.
Influencing & mentoring
Actively influences and coaching local production team to ensure they clearly understand their specific roles in overall production and operations strategies and how their functions are related to other functions in the operations group, as well as other business units.
Change management leadership
Leads significant change initiatives to improve production efficiency, support and cascade BOP initiative on production to sites.
Carries out adequate risk assessment for production activities.
Carries out plan to ensure all production activities meet Linde safety, quality and environment standards and national legislative requirements.
Ensure placement of competent employees on the production site.
Determine capability gaps within the production organization and develop processes to fill the gaps.
Succession planning in production management team
Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical/Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
Minimum 2 years of working experience preferably from the similar industries
Have minimum of 1 year working experience at Kuala Lumpur/Selangor.