Position: Purchase Executive
· Responsible for processing and management of Purchase Orders to manufacturers/ suppliers, follow-up on shipment/delivery schedule, production schedule, shipment clearance and inventories control.
· Job rotation, any other task or may require taking up the role of customer service from time to time.
v Purchase Order Functions:
1. Answering incoming phone calls and providing front-desk service to customers or suppliers.
2. Issue timely Purchase Order with correct shipping/delivery term and pricing.
3. Maintain complete purchasing record & pricing in system.
4. Source and negotiate pricing and terms with suppliers to achieve best price and longer payment term.
5. Liaise with suppliers and departments on delivery schedule to ensure timely commitment to company’s requirement.
6. Coordinate incoming shipment. Liaise with forwarder for shipment clearance. Keep track of permit.
7. Perform Goods Received Note (GRN) promptly to confirm goods have been delivered and received.
8. Close PO promptly in system when PO is closed short due to production lost.
9. Complete Facility Application Form (with relevant parties’ approval) for the preparation of LC, T/T Advance Payment, DA Payment, DP Payment etc, role to include issue of LC.
10. Perform cycle counts or stock takes as required.
11. Job rotation, any other task or may require taking up the role of customer service from time to time.
v Inventory Functions:
1. Plan & manage inventory level, ensure material availability to fulfil and support customer orders but not overstock at warehouses.
2. Continually remind CS to clear inventories for customer orders to maintain low inventory with safety stock for common grades.
3. Perform cycle counts or stock takes as required.
· Possess at least diploma or degree in any field.
· 2-3 years relevant purchase experience within a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
· Fresh Graduates are encouraged to apply.
· Added advantage if available immediate or within short-notice
Required Skills and Competencies:
1. Knowledge and experience in SAP will be an added advantage.
2. Possess knowledge of supply chain & logistics.
3. Strong supervisory experience
4. Good verbal and written communication skills
5. Demonstrates ability to plan, organize, and multitask
6. Exhibits strong customer skills and the ability to maintain effective working relationships
Works closely with Production Manager, Planner, Account & Sales Department
Works closely with supplier & forwarder