Location: Kulai, Johor
1. Purchase adhesive, film, foam materials and rubber materials in line with specified cost, quality and delivery targets
2. Ensure continuous supply of required goods and materials and communicate any supply problems which may lead risk or impact on business operations
3. Research and evaluate areas of opportunity and reduce costs where possible
4. Develop ideas and strategies to improve operational efficiency, add value, aid business performance and work towards a strategy of continuous improvement
5. Negotiate contracts, improved prices and terms of business with suppliers and review opportunities to make business savings utilising negotiation and procurement best practice tools and methods
6. Explore alternate sources for goods and materials and assess quotations from potential suppliers
7. Participate in NPI and transfer projects.
8. Liaise with suppliers to resolve price, quality, delivery or invoice issues
9. Work collaboratively and negotiate with stakeholders and suppliers regarding new projects or supplies and advise of impact of change on purchasing and production activities
10. Attend meetings and update others on issues or concerns, in particular when there is a risk which could prevent the organisation meeting customer demands or where there are over capacity concerns
11. Support production planning change requests and review and communicate the impact on capacity plans
12. Build, maintain and manage supplier relationships and ensure good communications
- Degree/Diploma in business, engineering field.
- Ability to negotiate effectively with Suppliers
- Ability to develop purchasing and sourcing strategies on a project basis .
- Familiar in procurement of raw material for Rubber and foam.
- Experience in oversea sourcing eg. China