- Conducting market research to identify selling possibilities and evaluate customer needs.
- Actively seeking out new sales opportunities through cold calling, networking.
- Setting up meetings with potential clients and listening to their wishes and concerns.
- Responsible for establishing and managing relationships with customers in need of the firm’s freight transportation services.
- Maintain consistently positive interactions to nurture customer relationships.
- Take ownership of customer issues and follow-through till resolution.
- Represent the firm in negotiating and building relationship with shippers and carriers.
- Negotiate/close deals and handle complaints or objections.
- Gather feedback from customers or prospects and share with internal teams.
- Follow up and monitoring customer outstanding payment.
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree in any field.
- MUST have an experience in Forwarding Industry
- Interpersonal skills: Networking and relationship building.
Be able to develop strong business relationships within all levels of the company and with potential and existing clients
- Computer skills: have PC skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office applications.
- Communication skill: Proficiency in Malay, English, Mandarin/Japanese (added advantage)
- Time management and ability to multitask: able to schedule their daily activities, including customer visits in an optimal manner.
- Team player: can work and contribute in a team-oriented environment
- Negotiation skills: giving quotes to clients, as well as negotiating with shippers and carriers.