- Managing customer’s expectation and develop new businesses to maximize profits.
- Enforcing existing supply agreements at all customers in the region covering supply of gases by bulk, pipeline and by onsite plants in all segments (chemicals, metals, electronics etc)
- The candidate is required:
- to ensure such agreements are strictly enforced including accurate regular invoicing;
- to sustain and improve profitability of the accounts and the supply agreements
- to actively develop and maintain customer relations;
- to undertake any amendments if required or extension/renewal to existing supply agreements after due consultation with key stakeholders;
- to monitor developments of competitors and customers at the site/area and evaluate its implications and initiate actions together with the Opportunity & Project Development (OPD) team to defend/improve company’s position at the site/area;
- to assess current and future gases demand of customers and prospective users of gases over the short (monthly, weekly) and mid-term (3 to 5 year horizon) and;
- to work closely with area and regional operations and merchant business team to develop profit improvement initiatives and drive their subsequent realization
- Facilitate one-off sales of merchant products primarily for the purging opportunity for the Oil & Gas Segment.
- Managing the ‘Production vs Demand’ situation for East Malaysia.
- The candidate is expected to engage actively with the stakeholders, influencers of existing customers and facilitate senior level engagement between Customers' and our company’s executives.
- The candidate will also support the process of commercializing onsite investments in the area closely working with the appointed Directly Responsible Individual (DRI) for such commercialization.
- Degree in Business/Engineering/Finance
- Must have worked in related industries and corporate environment
- At least 5-8 years sales experience in Chemical, O&G, Electronics industries.
- Sound understanding of key terms and conditions and risks embedded in long term supply contracts
- Adequate understanding of building and evaluating business case models (MS Excel)
- Basic understanding of cryogenic and HyCo technologies and drivers of costs and efficiencies is a plus
- Ability to negotiate with customers to enforce supply agreements and where required reach amendments / settlements reflecting the costs and generating value (NPV, Accretive Margin)
- Financial acumen: sound understanding of key elements of Profit & Loss Statements, Balance Sheets and Cash Flows Robust analytical skills combined with creative problem-solving skills
- Ability to influence and develop strategic relations with customers
- Excellent presentation, oral and written communication skills