- To define, develop, evaluate, and verify designs for designated products, jigs and manufacturing processes based on specified recruitment and standards.
- To develop drawings, design parts, specify components, route systems, and create assemblies.
- To coordinate NPI, DFM and ECN as well as provide FMEA for design changes.
- To lead corrective action teams, as necessary to resolve product issues via root cause analysis and implement improvement plans.
- To specify material characterization methods, facilitate measurement activities, and apply results toward process and product development.
- To effectively collaborate and liaise with manufacturing team and suppliers during prototype development and pre-series production as well as resolve any specification issues.
- To support project transfer from R&D to contract manufacturer.
- To maintain effective Engineering Change Control and prepare appropriate engineering release letters, supporting technical information and documentation into Bills of Material.
- Possesses Diploma / Degree in Mechanical / Mechatronics Engineering or equivalent.
- Have at least 3 years of experience working in engineering field.
- Well versed in Mechanical Design and DFM.
- Skillful in engineering design software such as SolidWorks, AutoCAD etc.
- Excellent knowledge in engineering concepts, and experience designing mechanical systems and products.
- Strong analytical, technical, and problem-solving skills
- Good communication skills and able to guide mechanical engineering technicians.
- Implementation knowledge in ISO 13485 and IEC 62304 would be added advantage.