- Manage projects as Lead Engineer and be responsible for the proper and timely execution of projects ensuring the Department quality management system and any project specific contractual requirements are met.
- Performing basic and detail design for static equipment such as pressure vessel, storage tank, heat exchanger and package equipment.
- Responsible for cost, schedule, quality and budget control.
- Responsible for issue of all mechanical deliverable documents such as engineering specification, mechanical datasheet, requisition, technical evaluation, engineering drawing and also reviewing vendor document.
- Ensures effective communications among other engineering disciplines, project management and Client teams.
- Participates in department meetings, project status meetings and is responsible for correct reporting of amongst other project status, progress, delays, change notices and management, lessons learned and close-out.
- Responsible to provide information to other discipline such as loading data, construction bill of quantity, electric load and also field work instruction.
- Responsible to perform proposals work which involve man hour and schedule estimates related to the mechanical static scope of work.
Provide leadership skills with ability to lead and guide Junior Engineers
- Candidate must possess Degree in Mechanical Engineering background from recognized university.
- At least 7 years working experience in oil & gas industry.
- Must have thorough knowledge of static equipment ranging from vessels, heat exchangers, reactors, columns and package equipment. Furnace /fired equipment and thermal rating for shell and tube heat exchanger is an advantage.
- Had a strong technical background in an engineering contracting environment with all aspects of static equipment engineering. The understanding of the technical requirements of the project and directing others to apply this into the project is important.
- Ability to work in teams with all levels and vendors and possess excellent interpersonal, communication/presentation and report writing skills.
- Able to define work scope and required resource.
- Able to operate pressure vessel design software such as PV Elite, Codecal, etc.
- Well verse in static equipment design code and standard such as API, ASME codes and TEMA and client standard such as Petronas PTS and Shell DEP.
- Registered with BEM (Board of Engineers Malaysia).