- Develop and execute a master planning strategy to meet the company’s business growth, while optimizing inventory levels and manufacturing efficiency.
- Initiate planning process improvements to consistently meet customer requirements by providing good visibility on capacity requirements
- Coordinate and work with quality, engineering and operations to ensure on-time delivery by establishing and monitoring schedules to proactively identify and address any issues
- Establish and implement inventory control initiatives to continuously improve inventory turns while ensuring no interruption to service.
- Initiate programs to minimize inventory exposure resulting from excess and obsolescence. Ensure material or component specification changes are planned appropriately, to avoid scrapping of obsolete material
- Maintain appropriate inventory safety stock and re-order levels, where necessary to avoid any material stock out situations
- Champion supply chain process improvement projects
- Develop training manuals tailored to Supply Chain needs
- Minimum 10 years progressive experience in planning and logistics within a manufacturing environment
- Working knowledge and understanding of ERP/MRP systems and their use in a high volume manufacturing environment