Client Industry: World's largest producer of certified sustainable palm oil
- To manage the Agricultural Workshop Department through best practice of financial and production management techniques. The outputs will focus on operational efficiency, effective cost control and the development of local resources.
- Coordinate the management of Central Workshop and satellite workshops which support equipment associate with sugar, Oil Palm and Beef Production at Ramu, ensuring that workshop facilities/resources are appropriate to meet current and any future expansion in operations.
- Develop a strong management team to plan, implement and control the servicing, maintenance and repair of agricultural equipment, heavy plant, static equipment and vehicles.
- Develop and maintain a suitable Management Information System (MIS) to gather data from various workshop activities. Design appropriate reports to analyse workshop and fleet performance in terms of cost, production and utilization.
- Uphold the management of the Roundtable on Sustainable Palm Oil (RSPO). Build into the daily management of the workshops the objectives of the RSPO through the good management of workshop production practices.
- Motivate Staff development through implementation of Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) for every position in the workshop’s organizational structures in line with company policy. Implement and control practices to monitor employee performance and provide effective feedback to enable a culture of improvement. Identify performance needs and manage Training & Development Programs.
- Prepare annual capital and operational budgets for the workshops and distribute to all equipment users the utilization cost equipment for their operational budgets. Ensure that the Workshop MIS has the appropriate budget data recorded in it to compare the actual cost against budget.
- Ensure that all vehicles are registered, insured and comply with the highway/national traffic laws of PNG in conjunction with the Finance Department.
- Tertiary qualification (Degree) or HND in Agricultural Engineering/Mechanical Engineering/ Workshop Management.
- Minimum of 10 years overseas experience in agricultural workshop management and/ field engineering operations, preferably in the palm oil or sugar – cane industry.
- Agricultural Equipment management and operations including repair & Maintenance.
- Field engineering operations including land development and land preparation.
- IT, to include Report & Data control management.
- Knowledge in HSE management.
- Willing to based at overseas