- Monitor safety programs, policies, and procedures plantwide in order to meet legal, standard and corporate requirements at all time
- Proliferate global and local safety program rollouts and cascade at local level to meet Company’s objective as Zero-Harm Company
- Identify and assess top priority of SHE improvement areas and assist in formulating strategies towards achieving SHE KPIs at the workplace
- Work independently to review and assess workplace safety gaps, activities and programs with the collaboration of internal stakeholders in order to close the gaps in the most effective manner
- Initiate and propose improvement activities related to SHE performance to the management of Company (Malaysia) from time to time where it is deemed fit and necessary
- Plan, lead, initiate and coordinate safety programs and activities (including but not limited to safety training) in line with the program’s objectives as well as following-up implementation by the departments’ leaders or other stakeholders
- Setting up system through audit and/or on-site inspections by identifying potential and actual areas of improvement and evaluate related corrective actions to ensure its effectiveness in order to prevent recurrence.
- Verify and involve in accident and incident investigation as well as prepare related reports and follow-up on corrective and preventive actions
- Bachelor’s Degree in any field with at least 5 years’ working experience in manufacturing environment
- Prioritize 'safety first' mindset together with Company core values to bring organization towards safety excellence
- Eagerness to learn, proactive with positive attitude to challenge status-quo, cooperative and work effectively to achieve common goals and results
- A good team player plus the ability to work independently, delegate tasks where necessary and close follow-up on action items to meet deadlines
- Able to work well under pressure in dealing with urgency of business requirement, effective time management and prioritizing workloads
- A hands-on person who constantly drive for improvements through projects and solutions to any issues encountered
- Understanding of related legal SHE guidelines i.e. Occupational Safety & Health Act, BOMBA Regulations etc.
- Understanding of ISO 9001, ISO 45001 and ISO 14001 management systems and knowledge of audits processes