- Ensure strategic purchasing marketing and carry out all purchasing activities for a locally accounted material or equipment segment.
- Provide assistance in defining yearly goals and estimate market price development to inform local Purchasing Management about planned strategy and main areas of activities as well as to supply data and statistic analysis for plant planning and reporting.
- Involved in contract and price negotiations for medium to large volumes to contribute to the profitability of the company.
- Involved in defining procurement strategies to ensure long-term, cost-effective supply of products/services as well as the implementation of alternative procurement sources to minimize stock times, inventory levels and costs.
- Report monthly/quarterly results to control measurable activities against the planned figures
- Monitor the national and international market to bring new suppliers, product derivatives and product innovations into purchasing portfolio.
- Analyze and control contractual agreements to prepare renegotiations/subsequent negotiations; as well as initiate appropriate measures and guarantee supplies.
- Manage suppliers to gain the best suppliers and guarantee an optimum supply chain which includes minimizing purchasing risks.
- Bachelor's Degree in any related field.
- Minimum 5 years purchasing working experience from the semiconductor industry with related working experience.
- Experience in coordination of interdisciplinary expert team and/or purchasing team
- Customer and results-oriented with strong organizational, interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Familiarity with local sourcing, materials and services would be an added advantage
- Knowledge of quality standards such as IATF16949/ ISO14001/EFQM would be added advantage.