- To own, lead and execute with excellence key transport safety operations management initiatives and plans with the aim towards creating a high performing safety logistics operations with the intention of achieving goal of zero incidents.
- To drive and execute implementation of key transport safety initiatives to move towards our goal of zero incidents
- To work with internal cross functional and logistics team and 3PL service providers to ensure full compliance to local legislation, standards and industry standard in relation to Transport Safety
- Ensure effectiveness of Driver Training Programme throughout the company
- Work closely with Driver Trainers to ensure they all have annual training plan and conducted training according to the plan and on time.
- Train, assess and certify any new Driver Train recruited. Periodically follow up and monitor effectiveness and quality of trainings delivered by the Driver Trainers.
- Ensure full compliance of Group Transport Safety Directives
- To be a fully qualified Driver Trainer and play that role as and when required.
- Carry out investigations for all Road Transport Incidents and propose action plan. Ensure full implementation of actions within agreed timeline.
- Evaluate transporter safety programs for compliance to Group standards. Ensure Transporters are meeting contractual safety (KPI) requirements.
- Compile and submit monthly report together with analysis and action plans to local and regional Management Team (e.g. Transport Safety statistics, Leading and Lagging Indicators, transport incidents, transport safety trainings, transport safety program/activities.)
- Actively participate in monthly Site Safety Meetings, Driver Safety Meetings and quarterly Safety Council.
- Work collaboratively with the Regional Transport Safety Teams and Local SHEQ teams on initiatives, plans, execution status and progress.
- Assist in Implement, prioritize and closely monitor Transport Safety programs effectively and continuously. This includes Behavioral Safety Program, Route Risk Assessment, Customer Site Risk Assessment, Safe System of Work, Mobile Phone Policy, PPE, Drugs/Alcohol, Defensive Driving, Product Handling, Fatigue Management and other high priority activities as determined.
- Degree / Diploma in any field. Experience in Transportation and Fleet Safety Management.
- Familiar with Transport Safety Programs, Road Safety Laws, Truck and Tankers System.
- Knowledgeable of processes and requirements with JPJ, SPAD and DOSH
- Previous involvement in Industrial Gases or Dangerous Goods is advantageous.
- Have a strong passion to lead, drive and execute safety culture, habits and initiatives
- Able to work across various levels and functions within the organization and also with the various 3PL- partners.
- Good execution, thinking and problem solving as well as analytical skills.
- Able to travel within the country (50%) and some occasional travel with south east asia.