- Establish standard and concept for the work to comply with job requirement.
- Responsible in pipe routing and equipment layout planning study.
- Responsible in engineering design works such as plot plan, key plan, Underground and Aboveground piping arrangement, construction isometric and pipe support detail drawing, field fabrication part, etc.
- Responsible to review information drawings such as civil information, nozzle orientation, vessel clip, instrument component information and process information (piping isometric for calculation of hydraulic delta-p, etc.)
- Review all internal design check (IDC) documents from all disciplines.
- Preparation of BOM/BOQ for material requisition, cost estimation and construction work volume estimation.
- Participate in the studies of ITB, compilation of proposal, and Bid tabulation.
- Provide technical specification for material procurement and ensure the materials are purchased within budget, timely, and meeting the technical requirement.
- Coordination work with Civil & Structural, Mechanical, Instrumentation, Electrical, and Fire & Gas interfacing with regard to layout and piping design.
- Liaise with clients and vendors for technical issues.
- Responsible in planning, scheduling, quality control of designated project to ensure that objective of the project are accomplished within the prescribed time frame and budget.
- Assist construction and commissioning activities (Field/Site works).
- Candidate must possess at least Degree in Mechanical or Material Engineering, or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years of piping design experience in Oil & Gas, Petrochemical industries.
- Familiar with international codes and standard (especially ASME31.3, ASME, API, PTS, SHELL DEP, etc.)
- Good knowledge in preparation of engineering specifications and Job instructions for piping designs, insulation, painting etc.
- Good knowledge in Plant Layout Planning and Detailed Piping Design in view of Construction, Process Flow Scheme, Machinery Operation etc.
- Familiar with coordination work with Civil & Structural, Mechanical, Instrumentation and Electrical interfacing with regard to layout and piping design.
- Able to carry out site survey in order to gain required information and/or verification of existing plant documentation.
- Having previous experience in Greenfield, Brownfield and plant modification projects.
- Able to work in team and possess excellent interpersonal, communication and writing skills.
- Well verse with CAESAR II and AUTOCAD software.
- Experience in 3D CAD software such as S3D / PDS / CADWORX / PDMS / E3D would be added advantage.
PC literate (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and MS Project as a minimum).
- Good command in English (spoken and written).