- Responsible to ordering materials such as direct materials and/or indirect materials including sourcing for services on timely manner and most cost effective.
- Responsible to ensure that the purchasing policy and process are adhered to, to ensure no disruption to plant operation.
- Perform close and thorough follow up with vendors to ensure availability and timely delivery.
- Handling every claims and purchase returns and assist user to seek replacement or compensation from vendors as and when necessary.
- Partner with internal stakeholders on matters related to the materials/services and other improvement plans and projects.
- Responsible on availability of stock items.
- Monitor and follow-up on the status from the suppliers regularly to avoid delays in delivery that could interrupt the operation
- Responsible to prepare relevant reports to the management as required from time to time.
- Bachelor's Degree in any business-related field / equivalent with 1-3 year working experience or Diploma with a minimum of 5 years of working experience in manufacturing environment
- Excellent verbal and writing communication skills in both Malay and English language.
- Good interpersonal and have good relationship with internal stakeholders.
- Positive attitude and good team player with ability to cooperate and work effectively to achieve common goals.
- Good in Microsoft application especially in MS Excel.
- Good negotiation skill.
- SAP knowledge is an added advantage