- Interpret verbal communication between Japanese and English for in-house staff.
- Provide consecutive or simultaneous interpretation in meetings such as phone/web conferences, in-house meetings, etc.
- Translate written communication between Japanese and English, including CG animation-related documents such as technical documentation, email, client feedback, and storyboards.
- Facilitate communication between clients, directors, and creators in animation productions so that concepts and other necessary ideas are properly understood between languages.
- Proofread, edit, revise, and finalize translated materials. Check translations of technical terms and terminology to ensure accuracy and consistency across translation revisions.
- Ensure that translations retain the content, meaning and accuracy of the original material.
- Compile terminology and information to be used in translation and interpretation.
- Utilize knowledge of Japanese- and English-speaking communities and values, remaining sensitive to cultural diversity while interpreting conversations and translating documents.
- Fluency in Japanese and English. Must pass the JLPT Level 1 or have equivalent Japanese language skill.
- A high-speed internet connection at home (as work will be done remotely during MCO)
- Diploma and above or equivalent
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Internet searches
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) in English and Japanese
- Atleast 1 year of translation/interpretation experience