- Study product feasibility, modifying based requirepemts, interaction with other department to obtain specific design requirements.
- Manage schedule in tool room activities like mold fabrication, vendor development, vendor follow up, trials & part approval, trouble shooting of mold/tools.
- Maintain a vigorous follow up with suppliers on new parts development to meet project timeline.
- Overseeing toolroom manufacturing related tasks including planning, control and trouble shooting.
- Diploma or degree in related displine.
At least 5 years related experiences in molding process and tooling design.
- Well versed with production process / material knowledge on plastic molding, machining, surface treatments etc.
- Knowledge of Geometic dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T) and statistical process control tools.
- Knowledge of mold cost estimation and part pricing parameters.