- Administer Human Resources programs for a plant.
- Ensures the organization's current and future HR requirements are met.
- Liaise with Area Managers to develop and implement HR strategies that are appropriate for their business needs and consistent with the organization's overall HR strategy.
- Effectively administers programs in accordance with established policies and procedures including EEO and ADA compliance.
- May be responsible for OSHA compliance and employee safety. Supervise HR support staff.
- Monitor and implement HR policies and objectives.
- Determines and recommends employee relation practices necessary to establish a positive employer-employee relationship and promote a high level of employee morale.
Identify legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting the Human Resources function (i.e. OSHA, EEO, ERISA, Wage & Hour).
- Monitor exposure of the company. Direct the participation of information requested or required for compliance. Approve all information submitted.
- Act as primary contact with labor counsel and outside government agencies.
Protect interests of employees and the company in accordance with company Human Resources policies and government laws and regulations.
- Approve recommendations for terminations.
- Define and execute all Human Resources programs.
- Provide necessary education and materials to line management and employees – workshops, manuals, employee handbooks, standardized reports.
- Monitor recruitment and on boarding process.
- Ensure vacancies are filled in a timely manner and that employees are onboarded in a compliant manner. Provide for a positive new hire experience.
- Keep managers informed of significant problems that jeopardize the achievement of objectives, and those which are not being addressed adequately at the functional management level.
- Demonstrate a commitment to customer service; anticipate, meet, and exceed expectations by solving problems quickly and effectively; making customer issues a priority.
- Exchange knowledge and information with other facilities to ensure best practices are shared throughout the organization.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field required, Master’s preferred.
- Advanced PC skills, including training and knowledge of software packages.
- Ability to tailor advanced quality tools training to all levels of the organization.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Strong and convincing communication skills.
- Ten years+ of relevant management experience in a mega manufacturing site.
- Human Resources Management Certificate and/or PHR or SPHR desired.