- Manage and take responsibility of the Beauty & Cosmetics category merchandises to be sold by the company. By nature of the Japan Brand Specialty Store business, the merchandises sold in the store will be 100% Japanese Products or Produced in Japanese way. The role must have wide knowledge of the Japanese Products and must be able to adapt to the Company’s merchandising strategy.
- Manage and perform efficient purchase / ordering of Japanese Beauty & Cosmetics Products at the right price and propose the right merchandising mix by fully utilizing its knowledge and experience of handling Japanese Beauty & Cosmetics.
- Manage and ensure to transfer knowledge, skills, and strategy to the assistant / executives (if any) to develop good talents for the company to grow.
- Manage and to be responsible for the sales/profit of the merchandises sold and analyze the POS data to provide solutions, make day to day & month to month proposals to improve the sales/profits in the way of Merchandising strategy.
- Perform Buying activities for the Beauty & Cosmetics products from the vendors in Japan and/or local vendors by fully utilizing the knowledge of Beauty & Cosmetics Categories and the market demands in Malaysia.
- Overview the Beauty & Cosmetics category to supervise, lecture, and make constant improvements to the total Merchandising Mix of Japanese Beauty & Cosmetics.
- To liaise with Japan Head Quarters and the vendors in Japan using Japanese in the form of reading, writing, speaking and listening. The role will require sufficient experience of handling Japanese Products and advanced business level of Japanese in the view of terminology used.
- Prepare and implement comprehensive business plans to facilitate achievement by planning cost-effective operations and market development activities.
- Ensure company policies and legal guidelines are communicated all the way from the top down in the company and that they are followed at all times.
- Communicate and maintain trust relationships with shareholders, business partners and authorities.
- Delegate responsibilities and supervise the work of executives providing guidance and motivation to drive maximum performance.
- At least 3 years of experience of work in Beauty & Cosmetics industries.
- Must be able to speak, read & write Malay, English and Japanese.
- Able to work independently and exercise flexibility in a challenging and fast paced environment.
- A person who is familiar with the beauty & cosmetics products and understands the need for it.
- Able to use intermediate Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Power Point).