- Manages assigned geographic sales areas and product line to maximize sales revenues and meet corporate objectives.
- Screens potential business by analyzing market strategies, deal requirements, potential, and financials; evaluating options; resolving internal priorities.
- Strategic brainstorming and implementation of new business development initiatives.
- Deploy development of the annual marketing plan, specifically advising on: realistic forecasts for each product and territory (based on historical data, market trends, competitive activity, promotional strategy and sales effort).
- Defines long-term organizational strategic goals, builds key customer relationships, identifies business opportunities, negotiates and closes business deals and maintains extensive knowledge of current market conditions.
- Prospect for new clients by networking, cold calling, advertising or other means of generating interest from potential clients.
- Completes national sales operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Maintains national sales staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Maintains national sales staff job results by counselling and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.