- Provide overall planning and direction of all engineering functions and personnel in accordance with company policy.
- Evaluates all maintenance request forms, set priorities, and process departmental work assignments.
- Hires contractors or subcontractors to perform maintenance work too specialized or extensive to be performed by the maintenance staff.
- Monitors all operations of the maintenance staff prepares daily and monthly work schedules for the department staff.
- Maintains all maintenance records.
Perform routine inspections of all HVAC, emergency and disaster systems and equipment.
- Must be able to apply principles or critical thinking to a variety of practical and emergent situations and accurately follow standardized procedures that may call for deviations.
- Must be able to apply sound judgment beyond a specific set of instructions and apply knowledge to different factual situations.
- Provide technical engineering input as required for estimating and bid proposal requirements.
- Oversee engineering deliverables for quality, procedures and consistency.
Manage engineering productivity and budget.
- Participate in Company strategic planning.
- Must be able to analyze complex engineering problems and offer effective resolutions.
- Continually improving Company procedures and ensuring efficiency at all times.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, construction, or business preferred.
- Ten (10) years of facilities management experience with five (5) having been in a management capacity.
- Possess leadership skills and the ability to effectively manage and communicate with engineers, estimators, construction personnel, project managers and clients. Must be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated high level of computer skills in excel and Microsoft Project.